Home Learning Plan, Please Read

Home Learning Plan, Please Read

by Ashley Rogan -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Parents and Guardians,

The past few weeks may have caused uneasiness and concern because of the many unknowns related to the impact of COVID-19 on student learning. Thank you for your patience and flexibility during this transition. We are excited to share with you our action plan for home-learning beginning Monday, March 23rd and running through April 15th.  Teachers will be interacting with students via instructional sessions utilizing Zoom.  They will be assigning digital and paper-based work.  Teachers will be available for questions and support from 8:00-3:00 pm each school day. We are striving to continue to provide quality, standards-based instruction. We miss all of our students and hope to return in April, but in the meantime will see you on Zoom!  If there is an extension to home-based learning, we will follow district orders and keep you updated.

FOR A SMOOTH TRANSITION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:

Thank you for your continued support. We are excited to connect with our students next week.  If you have any questions, please reach out to Principal Erdogan at merdogan@rivercityscience.org

Aim High Rockets!

Sincerely,

River City Science Academy Innovation

Teachers will be corresponding with more details. Below is a sample of how your child’s week will look.

Home-learning schedule for March 23rd-April 15th (subject to change):

Elementary Weekly Schedule

Check in daily via Zoom between 8:00-9:00 am (if you are unable to access Zoom at that time, your completion of daily assignments will count as your check-in)

Monday*

Live Zoom Session with Teachers

Tuesday

Digital Resources (Teacher assigned→ I-Ready, Achieve, Study Island, etc.)

Wednesday*

Live Zoom Session with Teachers

Thursday

Digital Resources (Teacher assigned→ I-Ready, Achieve, Study Island, etc.)

Friday

Assessment/Academic Support/ESE Services/ IEP Meetings/Gifted Services

*Mondays and Wednesdays

8:00 - 9:00

Check In/Attendance

9:00 - 10:00

Math

10:00 - 11:00

Science/Social Studies (paras K-2)

11:00 - 12:00

Reading

12:00 - 1:00

LUNCH

1:00 - 2:00

Physical Education

2:00 - 3:00

Office hours/support/Gifted

Middle School

Monday/Wednesday

Check in daily via Zoom between 8:00-9:00 am (if you are unable to access Zoom at that time, your completion of daily assignments will count as your check-in)

Check In/Attendance

9:00 - 10:30

Math

10:30 - 12:00

Science 6th - Civics 7th grade - Bio/Science 8th grade

LUNCH

Physical Education

Office hours/support

Tuesday/Thursday

Check In/Attendance

9:00 - 10:30

Language Arts

10:30 - 12:00

Social Studies 6th - Science 7th grade - U.S. History 8th grade

LUNCH

P.E / Health

Office hours/support

Friday (Middle School ONLY)

Check In/Attendance

9:00 - 10:00

Spanish/Turkish

10:00 - 11:00

Digital Info

11:00 - 12:00

Coding

LUNCH

Art/Music

Leadership

Frequently Asked Question:

I do not have my elementary student’s Classdojo code, what is it? Please contact your child’s teacher via email (email addresses are on Connect) for a class code.

My child receives speech, Gifted, and/or ESE services, how will they receive support?  The ESE department will contact families regarding how support will be implemented.

How will you track attendance? Students will need to “check-in” via Zoom between 8:00-9:00 every school day.

What is your assignment and late-work policy?  All work is due by Friday of the week it was assigned. If it is not turned in by midnight of the following Sunday, it will be considered late. Please contact your teacher concerning acceptance of work beyond the deadline.

Will we continue to follow the DCPS school calendar? Yes, as of now we will not have school Friday, March 27th, or Friday, April 10th.  If the school calendar changes, we will notify you of these changes.

When is the end of 3rd quarter?  The county has extended the 3rd quarter to April 8th.  We will update you if this changes.

How will assignments be submitted? Digital and paper-based work may be submitted online. Your child’s teacher will specify how they will accept work (Connect, email, etc.).

Is there state testing? No, all FSA and EOC testing has been cancelled this year.

Will my child qualify for the DCPS Grab-N-Go lunch? Yes, students may receive lunch from any traditional district school, please visit their site for more info: https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/feeding-local-students-as-schools-shut-down-to-slow-spread-of-covid-19/77-b07fd893-c32c-49f2-83a2-6df268c8478d

If I qualify for a ChromeBook, when will I receive it? We will notify you if you qualify for a ChromeBook and let you know when we are available for check-out.

I do not have internet access; how do I obtain access?  Please visit this link for more information: https://www.news4jax.com/news/2011/09/19/comcast-provides-internet-to-duval-students/

My child has medication in the front office. How may I receive the remaining medication? The office will be open from 8:00-3:00 pm starting Monday, March 23rd. You may come by during that time (please make sure to bring your ID).

I have paid for field trips, After Care and/or Before Care, how do I receive a refund?  Please email Ms. Anastasia at AKuznetsova@rivercityscience.org

I do not know my middle-schooler’s Remind codes, what are they?

OZKALAY

6th Grade Math- mathdg19

LORIMIER

7th Grade Math- 76g678

TUZEN

8th Grade Math- mtuze

ROGAN 

Civics- CivicsAR 
Law Studies – LawStudAR

US History- USHistAR 

ZEIGLER 

6TH Grade ELA: skywalker6