Elementary Resource Schedule 8/24-8/28

by Mesut Erdogan -
Number of replies: 0

Virtual Resource Activities 

Resource 

Lesson 

Media  

Hello!  

Media will look different each week. Sometimes there will be activities for K-2 and 3-5 separately. But for this week, I wanted you to know that you are all welcome! So please enjoy this reading of a wonderful book called “All are Welcome!” Please talk about the questions with someone in your home as time allows.  

All are Welcome! 

What does it mean to feel welcome? 

What are some ways you can welcome students to your classroom, school, and community? 

What is one thing you can do every day to be welcoming? 

Have you ever felt like you weren’t included in something? How did that make you feel? 

Tell about a time when you saw someone being welcoming to someone else. 

There are a lot of different kinds of bread in this story. What kinds of bread do you eat in your house? What kind is your favorite? Video link : https://youtu.be/mwS3FOn4-Ow 

Draw and Share: What is your special talent? What could you teach to others? 

Discuss: What is your favorite page in the story? Why? 

Make: Have students write the words "All Are Welcome Here" as a banner to put up in the classroom. 

Draw: Draw a picture of what you could do to make a new student feel welcome. 

Music 

Hey! Welcome to Virtual Music from Mr. Leatherbarrow! 

Im so excited to offer a couple of videos that we will use often in our virtual music lessons. 

Here are two youtube videos that we will use every day. 

Make sure to keep notice of rhythm as we walk, breathe, and go about our day! 

Thanks! 

P.E. 

Dear students and family members, 

The physical education team at our school is working with resources from OPENPhysEd.org to help you stay physically active and healthy at home. In order to meet physical education goals during this time students must be physically active for 60 minutes each day. However, I realize that Elementary students are only scheduled P.E. twice a week right now, but I would recommend students still try and do some sort of physical activity daily. Use the link below to record your activity time. (Activity logs are optional) 

Remember, activity time doesn’t have to happen all at once. You can add up your total activity throughout the day to equal 60 minutes. Students, at the end of each day should ask a family member to initial next to their activity. Then, return the finished log to your physical education teacher when you go back to school. (Students will get prize for activity logs returned) 

Your physical education teachers would also like you to visit the file links below for your grade level. From there you’ll be able to download and print physical education resources that are fun and can be done at home. (These activities are just suggestions, not mandatory.) You’re welcome to choose your own activities, such as, Jump-roping, Jogging, Playing at the park, etc. 

Stay active and stay well. Don’t hesitate to e-mail me with any questions. Jgerace@rivercityscience.org 

Sincerely, 

Coach Gerace 

Skills 

Here are some things we are doing in skills this week! 

Hand washing: 

Review hand washing and why it's important to do. Watch the video below. 

What do we do when we get anxious? 

When we get anxious a great thing to do is take 3 deep breaths. Here’s a video helping to show how to practice deep breaths: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O29e4rRMrV4 

Spanish 

Hello everyone! I’m so excited that we’re back in school! I wish I could see your smiling faces as you sing along to these videos and play the games.  

The login for Rockalingua this year is Username: RCSAI Password: Span1234 

Please find the video called “Vuelta al Cole” or “Back to School” Watch it as many times as you would like and enjoy the activities!  

STEM 

Instructions: Please watch the video! For any questions, you can email me at any time. My email address is: guysal@rivercityscience.org 

Turkish 

K-2nd grades : Students can watch the youtube videos about Turkish Alphabet and color the attached alphabet sheet. 

3-5 grades : Students can listen to the Turkish Alphabet song and watch how the letters are pronounced.