8th Grade ELA Update

8th Grade ELA Update

by Ashley Rogan -
Number of replies: 0

Hello all!

Wow! It’s been too long since I’ve had the opportunity to tell you “Good morning!” or “Good afternoon!” I truly hope that all is well for you and yours.

I’d like to address some questions students may have at this time:

How will I receive credit for iReady and Achieve lessons completed the week before spring break?

Good news! Students will earn up to 50 daily grade extra credit points for each Achieve article quiz or iReady lesson passed during the week before the break or during the break, 3/2/20-3/17/20. (2 Achieve and 2 iReady lessons were mandatory.) Points awarded will be based on student performance and will be added to applicable assignments at teacher’s discretion. No points will be awarded for failed lessons.

Do I have homework for the rest of this week: 3/18-3/22?

Yes! Students are encouraged to complete and pass at least 2 Achieve article quizzes and 2 teacher assigned iReady lessons. These assignments are for extra credit. Points awarded will be based on student performance (up to 25 points per article/ lesson). Points will be added to applicable assignments at teacher’s discretion.

What happens if I do not pass my Achieve or iReady lesson on my first attempt?

As always, you should retake quizzes and complete additional lessons. I will always provide credit for the highest scores first.

Can I submit daily work I did not complete before the break?

In most cases, no. Daily grades assigned prior to spring break are no longer eligible for submission. Please focus on the bonus opportunity provided for this week to boost your average.

Can I make up, complete, or retake the Adjective Vocabulary Quiz?

Yes. I will either provide a digital option for reviewing the material and retaking the quiz over the extended break, or we will address the quiz on our return to school.

What should I do if I have a question?

Email me at tscott@rivercityscience.org.

I will be in touch as we adjust to this evolving situation. Wishing you all the best!

Sincerely,
Ms. Tamara Scott